In today’s day of technological advancements, cyber security is slowly growing into one of the major concerns worldwide. With the whole world available to one at just the click of a mouse, the cyber world is slowly becoming the hotbed for organized crime. From random hacking to planned digital attacks on people or organizations, there are a lot of concerning details emerging from the cyber world. This is the exact reason why cyber security experts are in high demand all over the globe. Cyber security experts are of paramount importance to businesses and organizations. To protect the company’s assets and the assets of its employees, cyber security experts are employed by companies and organizations.
- Critical infrastructure security: The job entails looking after the cyber-physical structures that help our society function smoothly. Hospitals, electricity grids, water purification systems et al. are some examples of the cyber-physical structures that our society relies on. A cyber infrastructure security personnel’s responsibility is to keep these structures running seamlessly and protect them from outside interference.
- Application security: Application security employs both software and hardware methods. As all applications are found on the internet these days, application security becomes very important in the development phase. Those responsible for application security are required to put up three types of security – firewalls, antivirus programs, and encryption programs. These are enabled to detect sensitive data and protect the same.
- Network security: Network security is responsible for protecting our internal networks from unwanted malware and foreign intrusion. Network security monitoring is a very important role where a diploma in cyber security is in demand. They are entrusted with the job of flagging down abnormal traffic and sending alerts regarding real-time threats. Network security personnel are also responsible for ensuring that policies are implemented to prevent exploitation, unauthorized access, and modification of the network. They do it in the forms of extra logins, passwords etc.
- Cloud security: Today cloud resources are a mainstay in almost every industry. And the protection of the same is of extreme importance to each and every organization. This has led to a growing demand for cloud security experts. These professions are entrusted with the content creation and implementation of new security tools to help enable users to secure their data.
- Internet of Things (IoT) security: The term IoT is used to refer to a plethora of critical and non-critical cyber-physical setups. Televisions, printer, routers, security cameras et al. are examples of a few IoT. The market for IoT security was estimated to reach an impressive $520 billion by the end of the fiscal year of 2021. The main reason behind this increment is the unavoidable nature of IoT devices.
In the coming years the demand for cyber security is only going to increase. So not only is it a good career prospect, it is going to be one of the career prospects.
For Nicole Ann Pore, as cliche as it sounds, there is no place like home. She believes that is not only a responsibility but also a privilege to create and take care of a house where home is built. Nicole writes on topics that reveal the essence of a nice home, as well as home care and improvement tips. She is a daytime writer for Wincrest Bespoke, one of New South Wales’ most experienced home residential builders. | Nicole graduated Cum Laude from De La Salle University Manila, Philippines with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts.