Being a woman is a beautiful thing. However, it can be challenging and hard sometimes because we live in a male dominated world. Misogyny and sexism still persist, even in the modern day and age we live in. As a result, women face many challenges and threats in society and so must do all they can in order to protect themselves. This article aims to shed some light on ways in which as a woman, you can better protect yourself from harm.
- Always be Prepared
There are many ways in which women are and can be threatened. For instance, woman can be placed in harm’s way by being physically harmed (such as a physical assault) by another. Women also face countless forms and types of gender discrimination around the world. These range from sexual harassment, stereotypes on women, to female genital mutilation and lack of legal rights. Evidently, there are a whole range of ways in which women can be harmed and, therefore, women should be protected. One way in which woman can protect themselves is by being prepared. What does this look like? Well, you can physically protect yourself by learning self-defense tactics and methods. Some examples of self-defense moves every woman needs to know include:
- The hammer strike – this involves using your keys to defend yourself (hold your largest key in your fist – you can also slam it down into the thigh of someone attacking you from behind. Do not try to hold keys between your fingers in a fist as you will hurt yourself more than them).
- Groin kick – Using your own physical force and power, you can kick a person’s groin to temporarily disarm them.
- Heel palm strike – this move focuses on placing force, pressure and pain on another’s’ nose or throat by using the heel of your palm.
- Elbow strike – If your attacker is located within close proximity to you, you can use your elbows to strike them (if unable to punch and kick).
- Escaping from a bear hug – this move aims to help you escape and free yourself if an attacker approaches you from behind and uses weight, elbows then knee to groin.
Learning these moves could potentially help you get out of a dangerous and scary situation. We wish and hope that you will never have you any of these moves, however, it is better to be safe than sorry. So, even if you do not feel threatened or at risk, you should prepare yourself just in case.
- Be Educated
Education in this article is not referring to formal or academic education, but rather, it is referring to researching ways to best protect yourself. So, if you are reading this article then you have already gone one step closer to where you need to be. There are many courses, specifically related to self-defense, which can equip you with the necessary skills that you need in order to protect yourself. For instance, you can go to www.concealedcarry-ed.com/tennessee to learn and complete an online educational course, so that you can get a concealed handled handgun carry permit to protect yourself with.
So, you do not have to feel powerless as a woman. There are things that you can do to put yourself ahead and stay safe.
My name is Sardar Ayaz a professional content writer and SEO expert having Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio Impeccable grasp of the English language, including idioms and current trends in slang and expressions. I have ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management.
I can produce well-researched content for publication online and in print, organize writing schedules to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines. I have 12 years’ experience to develop related content for multiple platforms, such as websites, email marketing, product descriptions, videos, and blogs.
I use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results