Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional breaches his duty of providing competent care to the patient. A breach of duty on behalf of a medical professional can force the patients to suffer serious injuries and even fatal death. If you’re a victim of such medical malpractice issues, the Miami Medical Malpractice Attorneys are always there to help you. In the presence of a viable claim, these lawyers can collect relevant evidence to support your malpractice claim. An attorney can use negligent healthcare practitioners to obtain reasonable compensation for your lost wages, pain and suffering, and medical bills.
Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis
Failure to diagnose diseases properly and misdiagnosis is the most common medical errors that lead to medical malpractice. Diagnosing the patient’s health properly is the role of a doctor. An accurate diagnosis can help the doctors create a better treatment plan. If a patient receives no treatment at all or an improper diagnosis, the patient won’t receive effective medical treatment, giving rise to serious death or personal injury.
Medication mistakes are ubiquitous errors that can often go unreported or unnoticed by patients. An error arising in a prescription can take place in several ways:
- The physician has committed an error while filling up the prescription
- A nurse or other hospital staff has ended up administering an improper medicine like providing improper quantities of medicine dosage
- A pharmacist has ended up prescribing an improper medication
- The dangers related to drug interactions aren’t informed beforehand
Mistakes committed after surgery or during surgery can cause major devastation to a patient’s health. In severe cases, these errors can lead to death, medical complications, or infection. Medical malpractice claims concerning surgical errors often occur due to poor planning during the initial stages of the operation. A surgeon’s recklessness can also result in a surgical error: like when the surgeon is operating after consuming alcohol or drugs. The surgical errors are being listed below:
- Operating on the other part of the body
- Leaving a piece of surgical equipment inside the patient’s body during surgery
- Conducting an inappropriate operation
Additionally, the patient can also notice the adverse consequences of surgical errors after the operation has been completed. For example, it can include the following outcomes:
- Prescription of incorrect dosages or medications
- A failure to carry out postoperative surgical procedures
- Failing to provide the patient with instructions that will be helpful in terms of postoperative recovery
Mistakes related to Anesthesia
Errors related to anesthesia can lead to death or lifelong injuries. Common mistakes related to anesthesia include:
- Use of defective medical tools
- Placement of the breathing tube improperly
- Administering anesthesia in excess amounts
- Failing to determine the medical history of the patient and failing to examine the related complications
- Failing to inform the patient about the vital preoperative instructions like no drinking or eating before the process
- Negligence in the examination of the patient’s vital symptoms while they are undergoing anesthesia
The Miami Medical Malpractice Attorneys have several years of experience in handling claims related to medical malpractice.
We smash you with the information that will make your life easier. Really.