The global pandemic has halted every business transaction to nearly a complete standstill as many franchises work on new ways to restart their production lines. As humans reduced physical proximity to a substantial amount, many companies took to virtual meetings and conferences to keep communication and production lines going. Making sure people work together more effectively is one of the main characteristics of an efficient team. Leadership development and focus on a common goal also play a massive factor in building an effective team.
Proper leadership development in a virtual team fosters more open communication and collaboration between employees, bringing them together into a single unified group working effectively.
Prioritizing Team Building As A Leader:
Team members can analyse and work towards their strengths and weaknesses and help promote individual skills to the teams advantage. Leaders aim to improve communications to allow members to be more comfortable asking for advice or offer help. Leaders can also influence members to be more open by introducing various team building games and activities to break the ice or make the entire process more fun and exciting.
Leaders bring out the best in each member by guiding them to roles that are suitable to them. They can identify many functions through various activities and interactions that allow members to find their strengths and weaknesses. Taking an approach that is different from a traditional boss-employee relationship is what a leader does best. They solve problems through teamwork rather than individual tasks where members are not just directed but taught how to best work as a group.
Characteristics Of A Great Leader In a Team:
- Team Building Is A Priority: Leaders know that great work is done only by great teams. Hence they work on developing teams every day, bringing out the best in every member. A good team is like the four wheels of a vehicle; it won’t run efficiently without a single member.
- They Are Good Communicators: Leaders are great communicators who translate every problem very effectively to every member. Proper communication enables every member to be more open and forward regarding advice or questions. Teams who communicate more freely with each other are more effective in getting various jobs done.
- Trustworthiness: People who trust their team by sticking to their words and actions are great leaders. Gaining the trust of members is a useful skill that a leader should have. Trust enables members to push through hard times and put more effort into being more productive.
- De-Escalate Situations: Every great leader should be emotionally intelligent to calm any agitation among members. A leader must always take a diplomatic stance and not lean towards a specific member. Leaders know both sides of the story before coming to a decision.
- They Should Know Their Members: Taking the time to study every member’s various strengths and weaknesses is an important skill every leader should have. It allows roles and jobs to be categorised based on the team’s capability and enables them to work more efficiently.
- Common Goal: Leaders occupy a position of authority and respect and should never be selfish to chase after their own goals and ideals. Every leader must strive towards a common goal where every member can contribute and benefit. They should motivate teams and set up a common goal towards which every member can strive.
- Celebrate Milestones and Achievements: Leaders should take the time to celebrate achievements with the team and congratulate each of them for their contribution. It sparks each member’s impulse to work more productively for recognition and creates healthy competition among members. Celebrations will also keep employees stress free and engaged.
Leaders must place clear objectives and goals where members understand what’s at stake. There should be no authoritarian show of power involved as this will change the team’s friendly dynamic.
Team Building Activities:
Members can be more free and open to communication through proper team building activities that the leader can initiate. Games and activities can build a sense of relationship and community between members while being educational and fun. Fun activities can include virtual games, mystery puzzles, speeches, collaborative events like fundraising and work feedback.
The presence of outstanding leadership will push employees to accept each other and lean towards their innovative capabilities. It also helps to resolve issues or conflicts within members and brings out a cheerful and motivating atmosphere in the virtual workspace.
My name is Sardar Ayaz a professional content writer and SEO expert having Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio Impeccable grasp of the English language, including idioms and current trends in slang and expressions. I have ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management.
I can produce well-researched content for publication online and in print, organize writing schedules to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines. I have 12 years’ experience to develop related content for multiple platforms, such as websites, email marketing, product descriptions, videos, and blogs.
I use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results