Are you living in San Diego and looking to move cross-country? Well that’s a big task that’ll likely require some heavy duty equipment. Contrary to what some may think, you can find out of state movers willing to assist you without going broke. Finding ways to save such as selling some of your things and packing by yourself can dramatically reduce costs. So how do you find cross country movers? Stay tuned, if you’re in the San Diego area and need help making a big move, we’ll tell you how to get started.
How Much do Movers Cost in San Diego?
Local moves start at around $30 per hour but that’s not including travel and fuel. Long distance moves- technically any move over 100 miles, are quoted a bit differently. Moving companies that specialize in long distance moves usually charge their clients by weight. You can expect about 0.50 per pound, so you may want to have packed your things prior to requesting an estimate.
How do I Find the Best Long Distance Movers?
Being prudent when picking dependable long distance movers can save you a headache in the end. You’ll want to make sure to do the following steps to set yourself up for a hassle-free moving day.
- Check online reviews
- Get referrals from those you know personally
- Verify that the company has a physical address
- Ask the company if they are licensed and insured
- Watch out for any red flags such as unprofessional staff, faulty equipment, exorbitant prices, etc.
How Far in Advance Should You Schedule Movers?
The answer to this question may largely depend on how far you’re moving; however, a good rule of thumb is to book your long distance movers at least 5-6 months in advance. This gives you room to make any necessary changes or deal with unforeseen circumstances with a little wiggle room.
When’s the best time to book long distance movers?
Well, spring and summer are popular times of the year, mainly because of the weather. Stick to colder months from about September until April. The rates and demand for movers are lower at this time so you can also save money when moving by selecting dates within this timeframe.
How do You Pack a House Fast?
A huge task that comes with moving is packing. If you organize this aspect first, you can alleviate some of the stress.
How do you pack efficiently when moving?
Follow these steps to make packing a breeze:
- Start by making a list of all the items that you’re going to pack ahead of time. This also helps when you’re trying to decide if you’ve missed anything.
- Start about 3 weeks before you’re set to move and don’t be afraid to ask friends!
- Pack up all of your valuable items such as artwork and decorative pieces early on.
- Pack in an organized manner going room by room instead of moving around the house randomly. Focus on one space at a time.
- It’s a good idea to start with your kitchen! There are lots of big appliances in the kitchen and fragile items such as fine china. Get those things out of the way, as they can be time-consuming.
- Sell things you don’t need in the process of packing! Earn some extra cash and it’s less to carry along!
- Make sure you have all of the necessary supplies (tape, boxes, wrapping paper, etc).
If you go in feeling energized and with a plan, there’s no reason you can’t get yourself packed up and ready to move relatively quickly!
How do You Pick the Right Moving Company?
Here at GPS Moving, we value your business and your trust. A family-owned facility that takes pride in professionalism and hospitality, were ready to bring you into the family! Our team specializes in long distance moves in the San Diego area. We’ll handle everything from A to Z, giving you a peace of mind when it comes time to relocate. Please contact us today for your consultation.
Sardar M Imran has written for divingdaily since 2018 as Editor of the site and traveled the World to many of the biggest Smartphone and Technology events. Sardar M Imran has a background in Technology and IT and Deep Passion for Everything Android and Google. His specialties lay in Smartphones of all budgets, Accessories, Home Automation and more